Gluten Free Fried Chicken
I generally eat healthy to help manage my autoimmune diseases and food allergies. However there are times when I like to eat some comfort food. This gluten free fried chicken fits the bill.
Gluten free fried chicken:
6 boneless chicken thighs
1 egg beaten with water
1 ½ cups gluten free flour blend (no xanthan gum)
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon basil
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon celery salt
½ teaspoon pepper
oil for frying
1. Heat oil. You can use about and inch of oil in a pan on the stove or use a deep fryer.
2. Mix all ingredients from paprika to pepper in a small bowl.
3. Put gluten free flour in a medium size bowl. Add seasoning mixture and stir to combine.
4. Dip chicken thighs in flour mixture to coat. Then dip each piece in the egg wash followed by the flour mixture again. Make sure they are well coated.
5. Check your oil by dropping a pinch of the flour mixture in. If it’s ready it should sizzle.
6. Put 2-3 pieces of chicken in the deep fryer or pan. I left mine in the deep fryer for about 7 minutes until they were light brown. If you are using a pan on the stove cook for about 4 minutes per side.
Enjoy your gluten free fried chicken!
This recipe share on Gluten Free Friday