The Blended Blog Asks September Edition
The Blended Blog Asks September Edition
Join the fun of The Blended Blog Asks September Edition!
- Did you love school or hate it? I loved school. I guess that’s why I became a teacher! 🙂
- Start school before or after Labor Day? When I lived in Pennsylvania we started school after Labor Day. When I moved to Texas at the age of 11 we started before Labor Day. Now as a teacher our district starts the middle of August.
- Wake up: eager beaver or slow poke? I am definitely a slow poke. I would really like a good couple of hours to get going but that’s not always the case!
- Favorite breakfast? With my food sensitivities I am limited on what I can eat. And since I’m a slow poke I don’t like to expend much energy on cooking breakfast. So pretty much every day I eat Ezekiel bread toasted with a cup of herbal tea (although I would prefer coffee).
- Favorite cereal? I don’t eat cereal. But when I did, I used to love the sugar-laden kids cereals!
- School uniform or no uniform? I went to Catholic school until I was in 6th grade and we wore uniforms there. I think they are a good idea in that they can take away a lot of the peer pressure associated with buying clothes for school. But I also understand that it takes away a kid’s right to show their individuality.
- New outfit for first day or no? After wearing uniforms, I loved being able to spend babysitting money to buy myself something new for school. It’s always nice to be able to make a good first impression!
- Walk to school or ride the bus? I did both. At some points in my life I lived too far from school to walk. But when I lived close enough I did like to walk.
- Backpack, tote or messenger bag? Definitely a backpack. It seems to hold so much more!
- Eat school lunch or pack lunch? I would never eat a school lunch! Have you seen those school lunches? Yuck!
- Remember the little milk cartons? White or chocolate? Chocolate all the way! They only offer chocolate occasionally at the school where I now work. It’s not an everyday option.
- Paper bag or lunch box? I had a Scooby Doo lunch box in elementary school. When someone stole that I just started using a paper bag. Now I use a lunch bag so I don’t waste money on paper bags.
- Favorite thing to do at recess? Jumping rope and four square
- Favorite back to school supply item? There’s nothing like a brand new box of sharpened crayons! I always wanted the 64 count box (although I don’t think my mom ever bought those for me)!
- Chalkboard or dry erase board? They didn’t have dry erase boards in school when I was growing up. However, as a teacher I would hate to go back to a chalkboard. All that dust was horrible! Of course if you don’t buy the low odor dry erase markers the smell can be pretty bad!
- Regular pencil or mechanical? I hate to write with a dull pencil so mechanical pencils are the ones for me!
- Homework as soon as you get home or after dinner? I always did my homework in the evening after I had eaten. Then I could relax on my bed and do it there!
- Favorite after school snack? Actually I don’t think I ever had after school snacks. We usually ate dinner fairly early so they weren’t needed.
- Favorite after school show? I am not much of a TV watcher so if I was in the living room I would just watch whatever someone else had turned on.
- Favorite subject in school? Math all the way! That’s why I became a math teacher 😉
- Least favorite subject in school? Although I find it interesting now, I didn’t really like learning about history in school.
- Name of your best friend in high school? Sharon
- High school mascot? We were the McCullough Highlanders – we had someone who actually played the bagpipes!
- SAT or ACT? SAT
- Favorite year in school? 7th grade. That’s when I had a math teacher really challenge me and when I really took an interest in math.
- Class ring or no class ring? My parents bought me a class ring. Not sure what happened to it??
- Attend or not attend high school reunions? I actually graduated a year ahead of my graduating class so I don’t ever get invitations to my reunions. Most of my friends were 1-3 years older so I probably wouldn’t go anyway.
(Visited 189 times, 1 visits today)
It’s so funny how important those class rings and then where are they now? I’m not sure either!
I know, I didn’t bother to get one for college since I rarely wore my high school one!
I also hate a dull pencil- so annoying
Thank goodness for mechanical pencils!
Oh man, the 64 pack of crayons was like the peak of coolness in elementary school! I mean, there were colors that you didn’t even know were actual colors. We have a 128 pack at work in our “procrastination station” and every time I use them, I think about how younger Amber would’ve been drooling over all of the colors!
Also, my husband is currently taking basic algebra in college, and it is a struggle for both of us! My hat is off to anyone whose brain understands math! 😉
Amber recently posted…The Blended Blog Asks : Back to School Edition
Hope your husband does well with his algebra class!
The best part of a pencil is sharpening it and getting that new pencil smell. We were highlanders too! In, I think 4th grade, we were really into double dutch jump rope, so much fun! I wonder if I could still do it. Thanks for linking up with us!
I forgot about jumping rope – we used to do that in first and second grade!I’m pretty sure I couldn’t do it any more!
How perfect that you became a teacher! I’d almost forgotten about mechanical pencils. And your mascot is super cool! 🙂 We were the Tigers. Nothing out of the ordinary there.
Laura @ Fantastically Four recently posted…Two DIY Lip Scrubs
Thanks for stopping by to visit Laura!
We didn’t have mechanical pencils, but the best part of a wooden pencil was the excuse to get out of your chair and to sharpen it. It’s amazing how many times a day I would “need” to sharpen my pencil! 🙂
Wendy | The Art of “Why Not?” recently posted…14 Discussion Worthy Books For Your Book Club
Haha! I only let my students get up to sharpen before class starts!
Fun how you can remember so many things from school decades later. I wouldnt do a school reunion
Leanna recently posted…A Dozen Elegant Fall Decor Ideas with Tutorials
It required a lot of thought to remember some of these!
Great to hear about your old school days Roseann – I still to this day love school supplies
What a great idea to help get to know you a bit better! Thank you for sharing this little glimpse into your life with us at Hearth and Soul!
April J Harris recently posted…Fall Entertaining from The Hearth and Soul Link Party
What an interesting idea. Let’s feature this to give it some more attention.
Kathleen – Bloggers Lifestyle recently posted…Blogger’s Pit Stop #90
Pingback:The Pit Stop Crew Welcomes You - Ask Dr. Ho
Pingback:Blogger's Pit Stop #91 - The Blogger's Lifestyle
Pingback:Blogger's Pit Stop #91 - Sizzling Towards 60 & Beyond
Pingback:Blogger's Pit Stop #91 - This Autoimmune Life