April Upcycle Challenge Disney Photo Frame
Are you or someone you know heading to Disney for a vacation this summer? Using an old frame you can create this Disney Photo Frame in either Mickey or Minnie design to help display all those photos you will have after the trip!
I have joined this month’s Upcycle Blog Challenge which is focused on upcycling or repurposing cardboard, paper or wood. I have used some wooden frames to create these cute Mickey and Minnie Disney Photo Frames. This would be a fun project to do with your children. Although it takes time letting the paint dry, it is a very easy project.
Disney Photo Frame
old wooden frame (or purchase a new one for $1 at Michael’s!)
wooden circles for ears (proportional to your frame size)
paints – red, black, pink, white and glitter
press on jewels
small piece of ribbon
- Sand off the old finish from your frame. Remove any dust with a damp cloth.
- For the Minnie Mouse frame, paint the entire frame (front and back) pink *. After the pink has dried, paint small white circles on the front of the frame. After the white paint has dried, paint over the white circles with glitter paint.
- For the Mickey Mouse frame, place a piece of painters tape between ¹⁄3 and ½ of the way up. Paint everything below the painter’s tape red. Allow that to dry before remove painters tape. Then tape again lining up the painters tape with the top of the red paint. Paint everything above the tape black *.
- Next, paint 2 of the circles black then paint 2 of the circles white. Make sure to paint front and back. I also painted over the white circles with glitter paint but that’s up to you!
- When all the paint is dry, either paint over all the surfaces with gloss mod podge or spray with a clear acrylic sealer.
- Glue the black ears to the top of the Mickey Mouse frame and the white ears to the top of the Minnie Mouse frame.
- Add yellow buttons to Mickey where the red meets the black. Add a ribbon and jewel on one of Minnie’s ears.
*It may take more than one coat of paint depending on your frame and type of paint.
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies • Across the Boulevard
This Autoimmune Life • Stone Cottage Adventures
The Inspiration Vault • Coastal Bohemian
Purple Hues and Me
Peppermints & Cherries.• Reviews, Chews & How Tos
‘Seriously cute and oh, so clever!! I love the little ears added to your frames! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures
Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures recently posted…Artist Trading Cards and Upcycle Challenge
How adorable, Roseann! What a great idea to show off cherished photos! It’s a lovely reminder of fun times!
My granddaughter LOOVES Mickey – these adorable frames would be such fun gifts for her room!
Lynda Hardy recently posted…Upcycle Challenge: Repurposed Bookshelves
Thanks for stopping by Lynda!
These Disney frames are adorable! What a fun idea. Two of my grandchildren go to Disney World every year. I need to make some of these to display the photos that always give me. Pinning and sharing.
Beverly recently posted…Ucycled Caddy for Craft Tool Storage
Thanks for sharing Beverly!
Roseann, These are so cute! Who doesn’t love Mickie and Minnie?! Perfect for keepsake photos from a Disney vacation – or really any photo, they are just that cute! Pinning to share!
Thanks for pinning Laurie!
The perfect way to end a Disney Vacation. You can even let the kids helps.
Yes, these are definitely easy enough for the kids to help!
This is such a cute way to keep memories alive! The little ears on your frames are adorable.
So very cute and great for any Disney fan! Thanks for sharing on To Grandma’s House We Go!
Thank you Chas!
Your frames are precious, and everyone loves Mickey and Minnie! I have a family member who would absolutely love these cuties! Now to find time to make them… Pinned!
Thanks Kristin! Hope you find the time to make them!
What an insanely cute (and smart) idea! Those frames at Disney are so expensive and these are much cuter anyway. And those yellow buttons are everything!
These are so cute. Thanks for sharing at #WoW Words on Wednesday Linkup
Evelyn Dortch recently posted…20 Questions Blog Hop ends 4/30