April Upcycle Challenge Disney Photo Frame
Are you or someone you know heading to Disney for a vacation this summer? Using an old frame you can create this Disney Photo Frame in either Mickey or Minnie design to help display all those photos you will have after the trip!
I have joined this month’s Upcycle Blog Challenge which is focused on upcycling or repurposing cardboard, paper or wood. I have used some wooden frames to create these cute Mickey and Minnie Disney Photo Frames. This would be a fun project to do with your children. Although it takes time letting the paint dry, it is a very easy project.
Disney Photo Frame
old wooden frame (or purchase a new one for $1 at Michael’s!)
wooden circles for ears (proportional to your frame size)
paints – red, black, pink, white and glitter
press on jewels
small piece of ribbon
- Sand off the old finish from your frame. Remove any dust with a damp cloth.
- For the Minnie Mouse frame, paint the entire frame (front and back) pink *. After the pink has dried, paint small white circles on the front of the frame. After the white paint has dried, paint over the white circles with glitter paint.
- For the Mickey Mouse frame, place a piece of painters tape between ¹⁄3 and ½ of the way up. Paint everything below the painter’s tape red. Allow that to dry before remove painters tape. Then tape again lining up the painters tape with the top of the red paint. Paint everything above the tape black *.
- Next, paint 2 of the circles black then paint 2 of the circles white. Make sure to paint front and back. I also painted over the white circles with glitter paint but that’s up to you!
- When all the paint is dry, either paint over all the surfaces with gloss mod podge or spray with a clear acrylic sealer.
- Glue the black ears to the top of the Mickey Mouse frame and the white ears to the top of the Minnie Mouse frame.
- Add yellow buttons to Mickey where the red meets the black. Add a ribbon and jewel on one of Minnie’s ears.
*It may take more than one coat of paint depending on your frame and type of paint.
My Husband Has Too Many Hobbies • Across the Boulevard
This Autoimmune Life • Stone Cottage Adventures
The Inspiration Vault • Coastal Bohemian
Purple Hues and Me
Peppermints & Cherries.• Reviews, Chews & How Tos