Red White & Cute Baby Outfit
The fourth of July is all about celebrating – parades, barbecues, festivals and fireworks. However you celebrate, make sure the little one in your life is celebrating with you in this Red White & Cute Baby Outfit! I’ve included a link to my Cricut file for you to use. Just click on the link and save it to your Cricut Design Space. If you don’t have a Cricut, I’ve include and SVG file for you to download. I’m pretty excited about my SVG file – it’s the first one I’ve created on my own! I hope you like it!
Click here for the SVG file and here for the Cricut file.
Red White & Cute Baby Outfit
onesie or t-shirt
glitter iron-on in red, white and blue
4″ rolls of tulle in red, white and blue
stretch sequin trim in color of your choice
- Cut out your design from the glitter iron-on. Heat press or iron onto the onesie or t-shirt. Since the white glitter doesn’t show up very well on the white onesie, I used a blue fabric marker to outline it.
- To make the ruffles on the bottom, cut about 25 inches of each color tulle.
- Then fold each piece in half length-wise and stitch together on one of the small sides and down the long side. Turn it right side out. Tuck the ends in on the unstitched side and stitch that side together.
- Flatten the tube so that the stitching is in the center. Sew a basting stitch along the seam. Pull the bobbin threads to gather the ruffle.
- Since I wanted the white tulle in the middle I added it first. Place it at the top of the leg opening and adjust the gathers so it goes across the width of the onesie. Pin in place and then sew across the gathering stitch. Add the red tulle about 1/2 inch above the white, pin then stitch. The blue tulle goes about 1/2 inch below the white.
- For the headband, cut your sequin trim the appropriate length for your child’s head. Here is a chart with recommendations. Form a circle with the trim and sew across the ends with a zigzag stitch. Cut about 15 inches of each color tulle. Gather each one accordion style and sew across the center to keep it gathered. Stack the colors on top of each other, folding them up at the centers. Then use a glue gun to glue them on top of the seam of the headband. Gather them upwards with your hand and trim to desired length.
Happy 4th of July!
Click here for another baby outfit tutorial!
Pingback:Summer Time Fun Link Party - This Autoimmune Life
How adorable! What a fun way to have a little one show off some red, white, and blue!
Super cute! I love that saying for the 4th. I’ve seen so many cute SVGs for the 4th I’m having a hard time choosing some. Love it!
Thanks Jenny! I know what you mean – there are so many cute ones out there!
I love the addition of the tulle to the bum! I always think that makes onsies and baby clothes so much cuter. Pinned.
Thanks for pinning Joanne!
Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Time Fun Linky. Pinned (again)
Omgosh. I love the ruffle bum and would have totally put this on my girls when they were little. Super cute!
Too cute. Love the holiday message.
This is such an adorable baby outfit! I love the “Red White & Cute!”
The headband makes the outfit! I love big bows on baby girls!
My granddaughter looked so adorable wearing it! I’ll have to post her picture!