Beaded Joy Ornament
The 2018 Ornament Exchange Link Party hosted by Erlene from My Pinterventures is here once again! My partner for the exchange this year is Jenny from Cookies, Coffee & Crafts. Her preferred colors for decorating her tree are red and green so I made this Beaded Joy Ornament in those colors. Of course since her name is Jenny she could always just use the one with the “J” on it!
Beaded Joy Ornament
Here is a picture of the lovely ornament I received from Jenny. It will go perfect with my other ornaments on the tree!
Materials: (I had the spools, fabric, ribbon, bead wire and paper for the letters. I purchased the rest at JoAnn Fabric. With coupons the cost was about $10)
Small piece of green fabric
Small piece of red scrapbook paper
jewelry end caps – 3
large red beads -3
small red beads – 3
small green beads -15
spacer beads – 18
crystal snowflakes – 3
- Paint spools with white paint and allow to dry.
- Cut fabric the width of the inside of the spool and length long enough to wrap around.
- Use quick tack glue to adhere the fabric to the spool.
- Cut the letters J, O, Y out of red paper. I used my Cricut for this.
- Glue the letters to the spools.
- Use Mod Podge to cover the spools and seal everything.
Make 3 of these:
- Cut your wire ” long.
- Wrap it over the jump ring and then put both ends through the center of the end cap.
- Add a large red bead, a small red bead then a spacer bead.
- Put the wires through the spool.
- Then add the green beads alternating with the spacer beads.
- Put both wires through a crimp bead.**
- The snowflake I purchased was already on a jump ring so put both wires around the jump bead then back through the crimp bead.
- Press the crimp bead closed.
- Trim the wires and push the ends back through the green beads.
- Tie red ribbon on the top
**I did not have any crimp beads so I tied the ends of the wire on the jump ring, pushing the ends back through the green beads. I used a little dab of hot glue to hold the knot.
I think it will go perfectly with her tree. Here is a picture of Jenny’s tree from last year.
Be sure to stop by the link party to see all of the other wonderful ornaments you could make for your tree!